Friday, March 20, 2015

New work!

Here's some stuff I've done since the last post. Most were assignments done for class.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Kingdom of Heaven Study

(Click to See a larger version)

Hey all. Here's a study I did from a screencap of the film Kingdom of Heaven. It started more as a copy at the beginning but I eventually wound up using it to try to experiment with painting process stuff. Regardless, it matches the photo decently well I suppose. Some things are still incomplete or inaccurate but I kind of got tired of it after a long while and I feel like my time would be better spent doing more, quicker screencap and photo studies that focus on painting efficiently in addition to studying lighting/value matching.

Anyway, here's a brief look at the process:

Took a little over 8 hours total I think. No color sampling/cut&paste from the original photo. Most of the patterns on the wall were made in another file and then tiled onto the painting.

Here's the original shot:

Fanime Stuff

This last May my friend Lancing Chen and I got a table at Fanime Con in San Jose. I forgot to post some of the new fan art I did for it here (Garrus from Mass Effect and Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender). It was kind of a rush to get it all done in time after finals and I wasn't able to do as many pieces as I'd hoped, but it wound up working out pretty well in the end regardless.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Monday, March 10, 2014


A book cover I did for my friend back in December. I should really start paying attention to this blog.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Thing!

This is for a project I'm doing with some of my friends. I'll post more on it soon.

Friday, November 1, 2013


So there's this thing called "Spitpainting" that's been getting big lately. It's a group on Facebook in which members can choose from around three or four given topics and then do a 30 minute painting on it. You cannot use any photos at all, and you can't go overtime.

Here's one I did a few days ago. The topic was "Shogun". I added a small lighting tweak to it here that wasn't in the 30 minute version I turned in.

Small post I know, but I'll be doing more of these in the future.